Sunday, May 15, 2011

Three more drawers

I woke up this morning at 6:30 and was pretty eager to get back to the shop and finish cutting the pins on the remaining drawers. This was my first (successful) attempt at single-entry dovetails. My breakthrough was that I only need to scribe about half the dovetail. When the space between the dovetails gets too narrow to fit a knife into I can just leave that area blank and complete the scribe line with a chisel afterwards.





I'm very happy with the grain match on the 4 drawer fronts. Both of these walnut pieces had been saved for years and I'm glad to get to use them on a piece I'll see a lot of.






These are the thinnest drawers sides I've done to date (less that 3/8"). Hopefully I can complete the carcass tomorrow so that I can begin fitting the drawers to their openings soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment